Several big-name schools, such as Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Stanford University have signed on to the idea of MOOCS. See The Wall Street Journal Report.
I know 3 colleagues who have undertaken MOOC for various topics. We had an interesting feedback recently regarding MOOC. Although the present completion rate is less than the registration rate, it is a great innovating pedagogy as documented by The Open University 2013.
in my openion, students completing their bachelors degree should learn face to face with few courses online after the second year in university, this will build their personality and how to deal with different cultures of different people..onlinecourses after bachelors degree is an excellent idea espacially for the people who are working.
My son had real difficulty in understanding his accounts classes last year and I started research MOOC's at that time. I found really interseting ones taught from leading universities in US. However a comment I overheard from to two attendees of such courses is that many online students drop out of them. Sheeba
Yes, we are fortunate to have MOOC now.
ReplyDeleteI know 3 colleagues who have undertaken MOOC for various topics. We had an interesting feedback recently regarding MOOC.
Although the present completion rate is less than the registration rate, it is a great innovating pedagogy as documented by The Open University 2013.
in my openion, students completing their bachelors degree should learn face to face with few courses online after the second year in university, this will build their personality and how to deal with different cultures of different people..onlinecourses after bachelors degree is an excellent idea espacially for the people who are working.
ReplyDeleteMy son had real difficulty in understanding his accounts classes last year and I started research MOOC's at that time. I found really interseting ones taught from leading universities in US. However a comment I overheard from to two attendees of such courses is that many online students drop out of them. Sheeba
ReplyDelete