May be if I have videos of experiments and practicals that the students can reveiw before coming to class, will make it easier for them to understand, than reading the procedure alone that I sent to them, I will try to find out if I can apply that and let you know the results :)
I really enjoyed this idea of flipped classrooms. However I feel this needs a motivated and keen student even if he is in bed. I will apply to my group doing growth and development. They have to read the chapter themselves on adult development then in classroom we are doing a project on how development is affected if a person has a disease. They can interview a family member to get information. I will end up mentoring this group and looking over project writing in classroom time not teaching them the actual content. However one point the videos made by the teachers are 7 minutes long my videos would have to be longer which then mat lead the student to get bored and not watch perhaps?
Yes, indeed.
ReplyDeleteI was lucky to attend a presentation by a graduate of PGCTHE earlier in this year at SWC, HCT on Flipped Classroom.
May be if I have videos of experiments and practicals that the students can reveiw before coming to class, will make it easier for them to understand, than reading the procedure alone that I sent to them, I will try to find out if I can apply that and let you know the results :)
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this idea of flipped classrooms. However I feel this needs a motivated and keen student even if he is in bed. I will apply to my group doing growth and development. They have to read the chapter themselves on adult development then in classroom we are doing a project on how development is affected if a person has a disease. They can interview a family member to get information. I will end up mentoring this group and looking over project writing in classroom time not teaching them the actual content. However one point the videos made by the teachers are 7 minutes long my videos would have to be longer which then mat lead the student to get bored and not watch perhaps?
ReplyDeleteSheeba
Unfortunatly my students will not read/watch anything themselves, unless I assign marks for a set of questions post reading/watching anything!!
ReplyDelete