May 1, 2014

25 Years of Personal Technology | Re/code | Diigo

25 Years of Personal Technology | Re/code | Diigo

4 comments:

  1. Agree, today most students here cannot make do without WIFI and their smartphones. Future of IT is very exciting and does indeed affect our lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recall how my daughter asked her grandfather how did you live without a TV when you were young ? funny how now we can't tolerate a day when we forget our phone at home and we feel lost, and owning a smart phone is only less that two decades..and now my children get angry when the internet is down, surely technology affected all lives and the young and old generations are looking for what's coming next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this summarization of how technology use has originated, the IT we used to use and the introduction of some major IT programs such as Google, face book and Twitter. Also how computers were just an add on in early times to our office work now it has become the center of everything. The article ends with a statement saying 2038 will be unrecognizable as 1989 is to us now. I am glad this happened to me as a young adult. I remember working at King Abdul Aziz university when computer was brought into my lab we had no training and I frustratingly used to read the manual and try to figure out how to use it and the mouse that came with it. Later my desk at the nursing college was covered with books and paper. Now the only thing on my paper less work space is a lap top, phone and ipad. I have difficulty finding a pen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will shock you all by saying that I worked on DOS at the university and carried on using it at work for few years until windows arrived and it was a miracle!!
    The advancement of clinical Chemistry analyzers go hand in hand with computer technology and what we have learned manually is a thing of the past
    I'm amazed about the 3D printing which was on the news lately as someone in japan managed to print a functional gun! and was arrested as well as a print of makeup has been done with authentic materials and promises the whole range of make- up. Good news for us consumers!!

    ReplyDelete